Rooted in Language Coins with Pegs
This letter set of 300 wood coins aligns with Rooted in Language's teachings in their educator training classes, Laying a Path: Phonics & Spelling and the Vowel Chart class, as well as their early literacy curricula, Pinwheels and Wand. Each level of Pinwheels and Wand may teach specific letters or letter teams but not all. Letters and letter teams that have not been explicitly taught should be stored separately.
Uses include word building, creating word sums, and sorting vowel spellings by vowel sounds.
Non-written markers are shown in yellow, including the dash in broken vowel teams (for creating vowel teams with a Silent-e) and the plus sign (for creating word sums).
Read the blog '10 ways to play with a Hundreds Board' here.
The frames are not included in this listing. You can the frames here:
- Wooden Walnut Ten Frame with Wooden Balls
- Wooden Walnut Twenty Frame with Wooden Balls
- Wooden Walnut/Maple Hundreds Frame with Wooden Balls
Some ideas for play:
• Have your child choose a word at random, read it, then place on the board.
• You choose a word, read it to your child, they spell it, then place on the board.
• Use the words to create sentences.
• Sort in alphabetical order.
• Use in combination with our Alphabet Coins to practice spelling.
Each coin is 2.5cm in diameter.
Recommended for children aged 3+ years. Contains small parts which may present a choking hazard.
Congratulations! You are now on the waiting list, please check your inbox for our confirmation email!